Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Excess Abdominal Fat 4/18/10 - 4/24/10

When I wear my red "Certified Trainer" shirt in public I get the strangest questions. At Publix people ask me which fake mayo has less fat. (I don't recommend over processed anything, i.e. fake mayo.) At Target people ask me where the appliances are. However the most common question I get is: "how do I get abs like yours?" This is kind of a trick question, because everyone has abdominal muscles (abs) but genetics greatly varies the shape of them. For example I, no matter how hard I work, can never have "Brad Pitt Abs". In addition to the genetic complications, people store excess body fat in their abdominal area, especially men. Women on the other hand tend to store more excess fat in their hips and glutes (ass). And here's the part no one wants to hear: Abdominal exercises stregthen the core and can assist in toning the abs, however the only way to loose the excess abdominal fat is diet and cardio. At best this is a challenge and not an obstacle, because you don't have to be a fitness guru to make real changes in your body.

Remember fitness is best when it is fun, safe, and set to some killer music!

David Levison
Certified Personal Trainer

No comments:

Post a Comment